Making a decision on any cosmetic procedure is a big commitment, both emotionally and financially, ultimately cost, results, downtime and safety will be the biggest factors in this process . Although the initial focus of our site was to provide you with facts and answer questions primarily about CoolSculpting, we thought it would serve a larger audience and bring more value for our readers to include a few more of the most popular and commonly performed procedures and compare them to CoolSculpting providing you a more comprehensive overview. In that spirit our first comparison will be “CoolSculpting vs Laser Lipo”. Think of this article and accompanying ones as kinda of a “boxing Match” between procedures…May the best one (for you) WIN!
First off, it’s important to understand that comparing the two is like comparing an apple to a banana, depending on your fat-loss goals it will become clear which is best “if either” for you.
CoolSculpting, also known as Cryoliposis in simple terms is a fat freezing process which kills excess fat cells. This is achieved with the use of a CoolSculpting machine made by the Zeltiq company where a combination of freezing and suction topically to the skin is applied. Multiple treatments may be needed to achieve the results you’re after, each treatment takes between 35-60 minutes. Recovery time is generally pretty quick although there are some common side effects which we cover in detail here.
- Gets rid of excess fat cells in a non-invasive way making it a more natural option.
- No surgery is needed, therefore no anesthesia is required.
- Relatively painless compared to more invasive options.
- Can be done without the need to take time off from your regular activities.
- Can take a couple week to a c couple months after treatments to get full results.
- Most effective for people with problem areas, not meant to treat obesity.
- The extreme freezing can cause distress in some people.
- CoolSculpting price costs vary depending on number of treatments and which areas of the body need to be treated. The range can be between $800-$3500
Laser Liposuction or Laser Lipo
Laser Lipo like CoolSculpting is a non-surgical, minimally invasive method compared to traditional liposuction and is performed under local anesthesia. In simple terms with Laser Lipo a laser pen or pad type of devise is used to break up deep fat cells which allows what’s known as fatty oils to leak out and breaks up the fat cells for removal which is done via small dissections in the body which is then pumped out with a small vacuum device. Noticeable results from Laser Lipo can be achieved in as little as one treatment although multiple treatments may be needed similar to CoolSculpting depending on the areas you want to address. Recovery time for more strenuous activities and intensive exercise should be put on hold for 2-3 weeks, you can and should get back to normal activities such as walking and other types of light exercise immediately.
- Typically has faster results than CoolSculpting.
- Less blood loss compared to traditional liposuction.
- Usually less swelling than traditional liposuction.
- Faster recovery time compare to old school lipo.
- Laser Lipo-Cons
- Slight risk of skin burns.
- Followup procedure may be need for fluid removal.
- As with any medical procedure, positive gains may be temporary
- unless proper nutrition and exercise are a part of your overall plan.
Because laser lipo is overall more versatile than consulting, (Meaning that people with moderate to severe weight issues can qualify) pricing is all over the map. Our research for a person that needs quite a bit of help can spend upwards of $5000. So overall CoolSculpting is generally more cost effective but remember, for best results you should be looking to have problem areas done. If your moderately overweight to obese then Laser Lipo would probably be a better choice. Both CoolSculpting and Laser Lipo are relatively safe and effective.
Smart Lipo-Slim Lipo-Cool Lipo
Before signing off we wanted to clear up some confusion, the terms smart lipo, slim lipo and cool lipo are simply brand names of manufactures who make the equipment used to perform laser lipo treatments, just an FYI.