Interested in horseback riding? Then you’ll have one of the best times when starting the sport! It’s a great activity to do with your loved ones, as you will all be experiencing the great outdoors while meeting new friends. Horses are sweet animals that will be able to help you reach your fitness goals. You will also learn a lot of things and reap health benefits from horseback riding alone. Plus, it’s a unique and more fun way than simply doing your usual workout routine at home. So it’s a great choice when starting out on the sport.
What To Know About Horseback Riding
There are a number things about horseback riding you will need to know before actually starting. Here are some basic things:
- Know your horse. This means that you will have to create a good relationship with your horse. It’s best to start caring for it and spending time with your horse before actually riding it, just for their trust to build onto you.
- Start slowly. Do NOT let your horse speed up, especially if you are only a beginner! Try walking as a start, then learn how to control your horse’s speed and know when to brake before going any faster. Let you and your horse start to coordinate with each other, familiarizing the different positions you should do when wanting to brake, change speed, or turn sides.
- Do not be prideful. You are a leader and not the commander! Do not be the boss of your horse, but help them guide their way through obstacles. Don’t abuse your power simply because you are on the top.
- Wear the proper clothes. This does not only go for clothes for the weather, but for your horseback riding event as well. Wear the proper gear such as helmet and protection pads, and also good pants and boots to avoid any injury.
- Make sure you and your horse are properly cared for when riding. This means eating and staying hydrated. You should both have the energy to go on, especially during a hot day!
- Love what you do. Horseback riding isn’t just a form of exercise, it’s a passion as well! You will slowly love doing the activity, as well as spending time with your horse.
If you want to start horseback riding, then it’s best to be informed of all the basic information on how to begin. There are great websites such as www.horse-show-schedules.com where you will be able to learn more on the basic information regarding horses, riding, and the famous games you can watch for reference. Plus, you will also get to know about what the best types of horseback riding gear you need to get when playing the sport! So what are you waiting for? Go start and go to your nearest stable for horseback riding lessons now!